Monday, December 10, 2012

Twitter Note Taking

http://steveouting.com/2009/05/08/classroom-idea-twitter-note-taking/

I've been experimenting with using Twitter in the classroom for the last year or so, and I think I'm going to take it to the next level with note taking.  We're going to use a Bill Nye science video from YouTube and stop the film periodically to allow students to briefly in their groups to talk about what needs to be tweeted.  Now because not all students have Twitter accounts, I'm going to group non Twitter students with others who have Twitter accounts.  We'll have to pick a common hashtag that is not super common (e.g. #7eearthcrust) so afterwards we can compile the tweets.  After the film, we'll be able to review each group's notes and this is where the magic begins.  I expect it to be a big of a chaotic mess at the beginning, but I'm expecting technology magic to happen.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment