Thursday, April 10, 2014

Storyboarding: les sports

Collaborative Storyboard
Giving new life to older activities is an ongoing struggle in my practice.  Today I think I was able to re-imagine some concepts through the processes of storyboards and filming.  Previously, I provided my students with some French notes on pronouns and the verbs, jouer and faire.  To get them into the French language straight away, I had them create short sequences to act out (charades style) various activities in groups of three.  One student would be the actor, one the recorder, and the third would be the voice-over speaker.  They kept to this format for the most part, but they brought in some ideas of their own.

Admittedly, this is a much slower process but I think the overall experience is much richer.  For two classes they conceived the ideas then put them into practice.  The final result, in some cases, lasted no more than thirty seconds, but I think the richness was in the process.  Hopefully that is evidence.  I think the next step might be adding English subtitles.  See the videos below.



No comments:

Post a Comment